JADE RICE WITH MUSHROOMS
Makes 4 servings.
100 gr. mushrooms, sliced
75 gr. to 100 gr. spinach leaves, rinsed thoroughly
11⁄3 cups long-grain white rice
22⁄3 cups chicken broth, or broth mixed with water
1/2 tablespoon KANTÉ Extra Virgin Avocado oil
1. Combine mushrooms and 1 cup water in a heavy medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. 2. Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon.Return water to boil, add spinach and bring to a boil. Boil 30 seconds.
3. Rinse in cold water, drain and squeeze out the water.
4. Coarsely chop the leaves and combine with the broth in a blender or food processor.
5. Blend until spinach is completely pureed.
6. Combine the rice, spinach mixture and mushrooms in the saucepan. Bring to a full boil over high heat.
7. Cover and cook over low heat 15 minutes or until just tender.
8. Serve hot and enjoy this delicious plate.